So, while the weather might not be super beach friendly at the moment, we're betting that as July approaches, many people will be hitting the shore (or will be looking for a book that sets a beach-y mood!). So without further ado, a roundup of some recommended beach reads pulled from a variety of lists from around the web.
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. Heart-wrenching moral questions will keep your wheels turning even in bright sunlight.
- Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler. A fictional account of the rocky romance of Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Family Pictures by Jane Green. A dark truth is revealed when two families from different coasts connect.
- The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen. Enjoy young adult fiction? Sarah Dessen is a longtime summer favorite, and her new title is more romantic and easy-breezy goodness.
- Let's go ahead and throw all of Nancy Thayer's titles onto our list.
- For those who like a little thrill with their sunblock, why not try one of the books co-authored by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer?
- The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls. The story of two sisters whose relationship is strained when one is able to adjust easily to a new town, leaving the other behind.
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman's new novel, is a short, hugely compelling modern fairy tale.
Hope you find something to fill your tote bag in this list - give us a call and we'll put any - or all! - of these on hold for you today!