Ms. Laura, one of the librarians here at Eager Free Public Library, LOVES monsters in pretty much any form—craft projects, movies, songs, and books! Since Halloween is coming up, we thought we’d share a list of monstrous (and not too scary) titles that are perfect for storytime and book sharing with young readers.
- Monster, Be Good! by Natalie Marshall
- The Monstore by Tara Lazar, illustrated by James Burks
- Buddy and the Bunnies in Don’t Play With Your Food by Bob Shea
- Spider Sandwiches by Claire Freedman, illustrated by Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet
- Nighty Night, Little Green Monster by Ed Emberley
- Romping Monsters, Stomping Monsters by Jane Yolen, illustrated by Kelly Murphy
- Mommy’s Little Monster by Dawn McNiff, illustrated by Kate Willis-Crowley
- Monsters Love Colors by Mike Austin
- Have You Seen My Monster? by Steve Light
- Love Monster by Rachel Bright
Pick up one of these titles at your library or put one on hold through RockCat today!