Monday, May 5, 2014

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: CHRISTOPHER PRIEST

A few years ago I saw the movie The Prestige starring Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale.  I really enjoyed the movie, and once I found out that it was based on a book, I immediately added that book to my list of things to read.  I finally read the book a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say that even though I liked the book, I think I liked the movie more!

Christopher Priest is an English author who has published many books and short story collections.  He has won the Arthur C. Clarke award as well as the BFSA award.  His most recent work, The Adjacent was published in April 2014 in the United States.  For more information on Christopher Priest visit http://www.christopher-priest.co.uk/

Works by Christopher Priest:
The Adjacent
The Islanders
The Separation
The Dream Archipelago
The Extremes
The Prestige
The Book on the Edge of Forever
The Quiet Woman
The Glamour
The Affirmation
An Infinite Summer
A Dream of Wessex
The Space Machine
Inverted World
Real-Time World
Fugue for a Darkening Island
Indoctrinaire

Looking for something similar to The Prestige?  Try one of these books:

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke
The Poisoned Island by Lloyd Shepherd
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Vicious by Victoria Schwab
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson


Picture from http://syndetics.com/index.php?isbn=0786168412/lc.jpg&client=arrowheadlbs&type=rn12

No comments:

Post a Comment