Monday, May 14, 2018

Author Spotlight: Peter H. Reynolds

At tomorrow's Book Buddies we are reading Ish by Peter H. Reynolds. Book Buddies is a book club for kids in Kindergarten - Grade 2 where we read together and do fun activities based on the book. This month is all about art and creativity!

Peter Hamilton Reynolds is a Canadian artist who has illustrated and written many books for kids. His "Creatrilogy" - The Dot, Ish, and Sky Color - focus on creativity, learning, and self-expression. On his website, Peter talks about being inspired by his 7th grade teacher to draw and tell stories. He says, "My journey has been dedicated to helping kids, especially the "off the path" kids. I was one of them myself. Not every student is lucky enough to have a teacher, or adult, see his or her potential. When I visit students in schools they ask me what my hobbies are. I say thinking, dreaming. If my art and stories can help inspire others to do the same, I'll feel my life had meaning."

You can learn more about Peter at his website or by reading some of his wonderful books.

Books written and illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds
The Word Collector
Happy Dreamer
Playing From the Heart
Sky Color
Rose's Garden
The North Star
So Few of Me
The Best Kid in the World
My Very Big Little World
Ish
The Dot
The Smallest Gift of Christmas
I'm Here

Books by other authors illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds
I Am Peace: A Book of Mindfulness by Susan Verde
Someday and Little Boy by Alison McGhee
Tess's Tree by Jess Braillier
Free to Be You and Me 35th Anniversary Edition by Marlo Thomas and Friends
Judy Moody and Stink series by Megan McDonald
Olivia Kidney and Olivia Kidney and the Exit Academy by Ellen Potter
The Alley and The Tunnel of Hugsy Goode by Eleanor Estes


No comments:

Post a Comment