Monday, August 26, 2024

TBR: What's On Our To-Read Piles

 


We asked our library staff and volunteers which books on their TBR piles they are most excited to pick up next.  Here are their responses:

 

Bronna:

Mind Games by Norah Roberts

Her books are my equivalent of comfort food.  Something that I know I will enjoy reading after a very busy week.  


Crystal:

By Any Other Name by Jodi Picoult

She’s my favorite author and all her books are amazing!  I have a lot on my TBR list, but this is at the top.

 

Zoe

Tidal Creatures by Seanen McGuire

I love everything Seanen writes. The world she created for the Alchemical Journeys series is so fascinating and bizaare.  I just want to jump right into it! 


Rebecca:

Reappearance of Rachel Price by Holly Jackson: a mystery thriller about a teen girl who has lived her life in the shadow of her mother’s disappearance.  When her family agrees to be part of a true crime documentary, her mother suddenly reappears.  But what really happened? Is her mother telling the truth? 

This book has had such rave reviews, I can’t wait to dive in!

Dagger and the Flame by Catherine Doyle   Dark magic, rival assassins, monsters… Sera’s mother was murdered, and she is set on revenge.  Sera joins the Cloaks and fights the Daggers to control the City’s underworld, a city that resembles Paris with underground catacombs and cobblestone streets.

 Rumored to have a lot of unpredictable plot twists… (They had me with a description of “witty, snarky romantic tension” between Sera and the rival she plans to kill.)


JoJo:

Geopedia by Marcia Bjornerud

I saw this while shelving, and wanted to know more! (Non-fiction book on geodes)


Stephanie:

Weyward by Amelia Hart : Such a beautiful cover and the Bookaholics book club always chooses such great titles!

Looking for salvation at the Dairy Queen : a novel / Gilmore, Susan Gregg.
Here's another book on my list I'm looking forward to reading. Because who doesn't love a good old-fashioned DQ? And I love stories with characters who long to escape their life and are drawn back to their roots, discovering that's where they belong after all.

 

Olivia

All Quiet on the Western Front

I’ve seen both movie versions, I’d like to see the original text and source material for the adaptations.

 

Anonymous

Dirty Laundry: Why Adults with ADHD are so ashamed and what we can do to help

I’m not exactly excited to read it, but I feel we should all be more aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment