Monday, May 15, 2017

MOTHER'S DAY



Happy Mother's Day!  Even though Mother's Day happened over the past weekend, we can keep celebrating this week.  Mother's Day is a celebration honoring the mother or mother-figure of the family.  It gives us a chance to honor the influential women in our lives and reflect on our bonds with our mothers and other female relatives.  In the United States, Mother's Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May.

Keep the spirit of Mother's Day going by checking out one of these books today!

Adult Books:
Mom & Me & Mom by Maya Angelou
I was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids by Trisha Ashwater
Mother, Daughter, Me by Katie Hafner
A Remarkable Mother by Jimmy Carter
The Mother-Daughter Project by SuEllen Hamkins
Chicken Soup for the Mother and Daughter Soul
I Don't Know How She Does It by Allison Pearson
Glitter & Glue by Kelly Corrigan
The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe

Children's Books:
The Day My Mom Came to Kindergarten by Maureen Fergus
My Mom Has X-Ray Vision by Angela McAllister
My Mom Loves Me More Than Sushi by Filomena Gomes
My Mother is So Smart by Tomie DePaola

Ramona and Her Mother by Beverly Cleary
Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
If You Hold My Hand by Jillian Harker
T.Rex and the Mother's Day Hug by Lois G. Grambling
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

Pictures from http://syndetics.com/index.php?isbn=0679890475/lc.jpg&client=arrowheadlbs&type=rn12 and http://syndetics.com/index.php?isbn=9780920668368/lc.jpg&client=arrowheadlbs&type=rn12




No comments:

Post a Comment